Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Karatsu Castle

Later on, we met back up with my host father. The scheduled plan was to head over to the historical Karatsu Castle. The castle is located on an island, so we had to drive over a bridge to get to it. As a matter of fact, the island is where the fireworks show that night was going to take place. We unfortunately found out that the castle museum on the inside closed early, at 5 pm, for the holiday. My host father and I decided to check out the building anyway. Along the way, I was given a free fan by some business advertisers, so I was a happy camper regardless of what was going to happen next. There were a lot of stairs to get up to the high castle. The castle itself was awesome, with ivy gardens and high rock walls. It was a short stop, but a VERY worthwhile one. The pics are of the castle, me next to the tall tower, and the great view of the ocean and city from the castle courtyard. It is so neat to think that this castle used to be where samurai warlords would reside and fight in battle!

No comments: