Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Brownies!



This is the first of a series of posts of Erika's birthday, which is today : The 4th of July! Unfortunately, Erika still had testing, so she had to go to school for the half day to take exams. In the morning she had a special breakfast. It was this special red fish on red rice served on birthdays. I have learned that for birthdays, red is a color of good luck. While Erika was at school, Okasan and I took the chance to bake some brownies for Erika. It was the brownie mix I brought from America. They are not that common in Japan since they are very sweet for the average taste. Erika likes them though. We had a little trouble converting everything on the instructions. Cups, celcius, etc. On top of that, the Kai's don't even have an oven! Their microwave is a conventional oven combo, which works, but it is small. The brownies came out, and I decorated them with frosting, powdered sugar, and candles. I hope Erika likes them!

1 comment:

110 said...

I'm so jealous! (Haha, sorry, I come into your page randomly and jsut say some insulting thing- I didn't mean it, haha.) I myself had been wanting to go to Japan. My, Do you mind much if I track you? So much interesting information. May I even link you to my blog, as a link? : D -110