Friday, June 23, 2006

Lunch

Lunch time was very fun. First Takeshi and some other people took me downstairs to the cafeteria. The cafeteria was very, very small only for the small portion of the school that purchased lunch. The guys bought noodle bowls and rice dishes and we sat down. I had my obento (Japanese lunch box) from home. It was fun.
Takeshi went and bought me a Calpis drink (it is the name of the drink) from the vending machine. They told me to try it. When I did, they all laughed. It definitely wasn't that great. It was like flat pop. Oh well, I drank it. I am still dehydrated from the trip, the jet lag. I mean with a name like Calpis, it can't be good, but it is still very popular in Japan. I tried explaining to them why Americans think the name is funny, how is sounds like cow urine, haha. They were confused.
After that, we went back to the classroom where everyone else was eating lunch. In Japan, most everyone eats lunch in the classroom. I passed out some Starburst and everyone devoured them. They were so excited that I had "Amerika kyandii!" lol.


Me with the guys in my class while in the cafeteria, and my obento box. ( I'll explain more about obento later.)

No comments: