Friday, June 23, 2006

Later that night...

Dinner that night was temakizushi. That is hand rolled sushi in a large cone-shaped piece, with the nori (seaweed) on the outside and the ingredients spilling out the wide end. Temaki is eaten with the fingers since it is too awkward to pick up with chopsticks. Everything you need is on the table. You grab a seaweed sheet, put in rice, and then all of the raw fish and veggie fixin's you like! lol. That simple. It was very good. I didn't realize octopus was so chewy. The family laughed at me. Since Ojiisan (grandfather) went to bed early yesterday, I gave him his gift today. He really liked the gift and also the candy I gave him. He opened the candy right away and tried some. He is very short of hearing, so we can't talk much, but he seemed very appreciative. The two pictures are of Erika, Ojiisan, and me after dinner with Ojiisan's gifts (he is happy), and the other is Ojiisan in his bedroom. That is how he sleeps. He watches a little TV in his room, and then goes to bed on the floor! Well it's off to bed for me. Tomorrow is a big day. SCHOOL!

No comments: