Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Choir Class

Today at school we had all of our normal classes, but the "elective" (if you could call it that) of the day was choir. It was pretty much like American music classes. First we sang some classical Italian songs, and the class sounded very good (fyi, Italian is a little easier for Japanese people to pronounce over English due to similar vowels.) Next, we sang "The Sound of Music"! I don't know why, but it is part of their textbook. It is one famous musical I guess. After we sang that, we finished the class with watching parts of the movie "My Fair Lady". There were Japanese subtitles, but many of the students were amused by asking me if I understood the English. Haha. That pretty much ended the class. I really enjoyed it. On that note (haha), I leave you with this... "Za hiws aw wawibe wiz za sowndo o` moozic"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a bunch to say, other than I'm jealous. i read your blog every night. So keep writing, keep having fun, and look out for catbuses.

keoleian